Shahrukh Khan


SRK - Shahrukh Khan - the man who spells magic in Indian cinema. He's considered a man who is very grounded and very dedicated to his work.

I don't know him at all nor am I such a film gossip buff that I would be updated about his moves. history or anything else. Yet, I would say I'm an admirer of Shahrukh. It's strange what that mna can make you believe. In movies like Kal Ho Na Ho which is not his best performance per me, and you know he can do better. Yet, there are those scenes where he uses his eyes to express it all. One look at them, and you know you will never regain from the magic or the charm. I have been critical of movies like Kal Ho Na Ho and Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham yet there is this attraction towards these movies. Each time they show it on TV, I'm glued to it. No matter what I might say - the story lacks credibility, why is the ending so melodramatic and more...yet I will sit and watch them. I will shed a tear or two along with Shahrukh and feel sad about his impending death.

I remember having read in one of his interviews, a long time ago, that "he wanted to make people dream". And he's surely succeeded in that. Each time I watch him, I feel reassured that such men exist - even if only in films - men who are sensitive, who love their mothers, and their girlfriend's mothers (:-)), who are witty, who are the best of friends, and who have warm, beautiful, brown eyes.

It's the eyes, I think which has the power. And Paheli is his best performance till date - subtle, expressive, sensitive, poetic, heart-warming. His performance makes you want to belive in him and his dreams.

Another recent article attributed the statement to him that "I still have to win the Oscar for India". And again one believes in him.

Sharukh Khan's magic works even on my father who is not at all a movie buff - but was overwhelmed by his performance in Kal Ho Na Ho. And always thinks of him as that hardworking kid who is honest and has made it big by being dedicated and grounded.

So what is it about Shahrukh Khan? I would attribute him to be an honest, dedicated, hard working, sensitive, generous, god-fearing, witty man. And like I said, all this because of his warm sensitive eyes...

Comments

Heart'n'Soul said…
Oyeeeee
wts wrong with you, if som1 can win an oscar thn its AAMIR...not SHARUKH....EEEEWWWWW
Ok whatever!!!
state of mind? said…
hey...i just tooootally agree with u...dre's smthn abt SRK that u just can't ignore...some of his movies, i hav seen them Nth times but whenevr dey r on t.v m glued again....n i knw deep down..its d SRK factor....at times i end up sayn he looks old now but i hav not been able to get over him...raj, rahul..whatever he is...he rocks....

Popular posts from this blog

More on Mumbai 26/11 - Heroes of the Taj: Michael Pollock

Inspired by the Susan Boyle phenomena

I don't know yet...